Sunday, May 19, 2013

Long Line Troubles

We went out again yesterday.   We had about 80 feet of 125 lb fishing line and 20 feet of line that is attached to the top of the mast, for about 100 feet from the paravane to the mast.  

We tested the line in the office and with 8 feet of line we could stretch it about 1 foot before it snapped, so we should have about 10 feet with the 80 foot piece.   The good news is that we did not snap the line!   The bad news is that we got slack on the line and the paravane turned around in the waves before we got the slack out.  By then the two strings on the paravane had gone under and it would not straighten out.  

I am thinking I will push ahead with the all aluminum catamaran paravane design as it does not have the 2 strings that could get messed up.

I am also thinking of having the line to the paravane on a fishing pole reel.  So I would just attach that to the line on the mast and then toss in the paravane.  The reel would be set to let out the line when there was enough pull.  I think this will be a much simpler procedure than what we have been doing.   It would also make it easier to reel in the line when done.

It is a bit windy this next week so we probably won't be going out again soon.

We had camera trouble so I do not have any pictures or video to show from yesterday.


  1. Bonus Code & Casino Coupons 2021 -
    Claim the Casino Coupon Code 2021. Check 뱃 플릭스 the No Deposit 승인전화없는 가입머니 Free Spins and kbo 분석 claim your bonus 사설토토 today! 한게임 포커

  2. The participant has doubled down on the 6+5 hand but sadly obtained solely a 2 as the third card for this hand. Here the deal ends with the vendor bust, so the vendor has paid out on all of the unbust hands belonging to the gamers. At a casino's blackjack table, being mute would go completely unnoticed. In truth, you'd blend into the group more should you by no means opened your mouth.For hitting, either faucet the table with a finger or two or scrape the table 바카라사이트 with the sting of your playing cards. For standing, place your chips on prime of your playing cards, face down or wave your hand palm down horizontally over your playing cards. For doubling down, add one other wager to your betting field and point 1 finger.